Friday, September 01, 2006

August 25-28, 2006

So I had a pretty cool weekend last week (okay, REALLY cool). On Friday I just took it easy and stayed home with Leyla, because I had to work early the next day. I took the girl that I work with to Grand Slam which I have not been to since I was fourteen. I then went to a BBQ with my friend, Shani. It was pretty cool. It was mostly guys and then a few of us girls. One of the guys had a old German flight suit that he got at a surplus store. It didn't fit him so he gave it to another guy who decided it would be fun to go swimming in it. Most of the guys took turns being thrown into the pool with the light suit on. It was really funny to watch. Shani and I hung out there for a while. Sunday, I took my first trip to the Renaissance Festival. I say my "first" trip, because I am going at least once more with some of my friends. I went there on a date. It was pretty cool, but strange to not purchase anything and to not be in costume (yes I am a Ren Fest Geek). I got home kind of late, but had to go to bed early, because it was back to work on Monday morning bright and early at 7:30a.m. Work on Monday was actually pretty cool, because I realized that I work with a lot of really sarcastic people, so that is good. Leyla and I went to class on Monday night. I will also have some updated pictures of Leyla soon so stay tuned.

No comments: