Sunday, September 17, 2006
Puppy Mills
I was on a date last night and I happened to be reading one of those adds in the bathroom stalls. It was about puppy mills. Since I bought Leyla from a breeder, I have been trying to learn more about puppy mills (everyone would ask me if the breeder we went to was a puppy mill, which it was not). I get really angered when I hear about people who abuse animals (and children, of course). I don't know how someone could be so concerned about money that they would let puppies live in such terrible conditions. After reading about puppy mills, I watched Secret Window. In that movie they talk about how some places do not have laws about inhumane treatment of animals. I realized this a year ago when I was doing some research for a friend and found out that Minnesota and the state this friend is from have different laws about what constitutes cruelty to animals and different sentencing guidelines. I wish that this would be an issue that would be address by law enforcement so that people who have puppy mills or who are cruel to animals would be treated the same in each state and crimes against animals would constitute some jail time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment