Monday, October 23, 2006
MEA Weekend
So, for those of you who do not know what MEA is (you aren't from Minnesota), it is the Minnesota Education Association's weekend. Basically a huge conference every year for Educator's and a four day (in some district's five day) weekend. So I had a busy, fun weekend! This weekend I started out the weekend by dropping Leyla off for surgery (a picture of my little conehead follows). I have to admit, I cried after I left the vet. Pretty pathetic, but if you think about it, I have not been away from Leyla for more than 13 hours since I got her four months ago. It was a rough night for me. On Thursday I got up and worked all day cleaning. I cleaned the kitchen top to bottom. I dusted, vacuumed and shampooed the living room carpet. I vacuum and cleaned out my bedroom closet and I scrubbed down the bathroom. For those of you who read this and may not know me as well, I HATE CLEANING and have never been a clean person, so the fact that I accomplished so much is huge. I still have to clean the spare bedroom soon, so I might have to enlist some service in puppy sitting so I can accomplish that. Leyla has a tendency when she is in the spare bedroom to steal receipts (even though they are in a bag to be shred). Thursday night Ryan came over and I cooked (yes again) and we watched a movie. On Friday, Mom and Dad brought Leyla over. The problem is that the vet did not give her a cone, because she was doing well, while she was there. The minute she sat down next to me, she began to go for the stitches. Ryan and I took Leyla back to the vet to get her cone. We then went and picked up his brother to go to Acme Comedy Club to see Todd Glass. Kyle was supposed to come, but we had to switch to the later show so he bailed. The show was awesome. I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard. It really was the best show I have seen there so far. Saturday during the day I hung out with Leyla until I had to get ready to go over to Ryan's. We had a B-day party to go to. A bunch of us (10 people including myself) went out to the Trail of Terrors. It was fun except for the 2 1/2 hours that we had to stand out in the cold to wait to go into the Haunted Mansion. Once we got in there, it was awesome. Freddy Kruger (sorry if I spelled it wrong, I have never seen any of the movies) took a liking to me and began to follow me around the maze, so I used Ryan as a shield and ran like mad to get away from him. We went back to Chris' house (Ryan's friend) and hung out until late in the morning. Ryan and I then went to near Turtle Lake, WI so that I could meet his sister and his nephew. I forgot to mention that on Friday, Ryan met my parents and I met his mom. It was a crazy weekend. I then came home and passed out with Leyla. So to top everything off, Friday night around 4:30 I got a call stating that there had been a bomb threat at my school and that my supervisor was going to meet with staff Monday morning at 7:30. I planned on getting to work today about 7:15. Well, I guess my mind and my body did not agree, because I SLEPT until 7:15. I managed to still make it to work at 7:40 (the benefits of living close to work). It was also not good, because I had one of my district representatives waiting for me for a 7:30 meeting which since my time clock was off, I thought was at 8. Not a good way to start a week, especially when the Monday after a long weekend is always hard on the type of kids I work with. Even though I am exhausted, the weekend was worth it! And finally, after all the hard work and stubborness of staying away from myspace.com I have given in. Reason being that some of my good friends from high school have myspace accounts and I cannot talk to them unless I have one. Also, so does Jason, Gretchen, and Ryan. So...I will continue this website to write more of my frustrations and also to keep an online journal of my weekends for those of you who actually read this and my myspace account to communicate more with some friends specifically Jason and Gretchen (sorry Ryan). So I will end with a really cute picture of Leyla.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment