Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Doctor's Office
My migraines have been aweful the last couple of weeks so I had to go to the doctor. I found something that is kind of ironic that I have thought about in the past. You ever notice how when you are in a doctor's office you can often hear everything the doctor is saying to the patient in the next room? I wonder how this works with HIPAA and with confidentiality. I maybe think about these things more than the normal person, because I am a social worker, but it really bothers me. How come the people who design doctor's offices cannot make the walls thick enough to keep my "private" information private? It kind of feels a little (what's a good word for it) hypocrytical. We also sometimes will be in line to check in at the doctor's office or at the pharamacy and the person at the counter will say something about your personal information or why you are there and now everyone knows your "private" information. I might also just feel like ranting and raving, because I just got over a four day stint with a migraine and have missed a full day and a end of the day at work. You be the judge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment