Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

SO this weekend was pretty packed. I was supposed to work on Friday night and take a girl I work with to see "Wrapped in Plastic" going on at the Fringe Festival. It is a play about how teenage girls are affected by societies views about how they should dress and act. I am going to check out the book "Branded" from the public library, because it talks about the same thing. Well, my life story always has migraines involved and I got a bad one. I had spent the day with my friend, Zarra and her daughter, Abby. We went to Snuffy's to have lunch and then went back to Zarra's new apartment. It is one of the apartments that was built on West 7th by the Airport. They are REALLY nice apartments. Zarra and I watched "Four Brothers" while Abby had quiet time in her room. I felt badly leaving Leyla, because on Thursday, I was gone for 11 hours for work (Kyle came over and watched her). He also decided to start his blog that day. I have a link on this site if you are interested (Alika?). On Saturday, I had my friend, Jen's wedding. It started at 1:30 and I was there until 12:15a.m. I got to hang out with a bunch of my old co-workers one of which leaves for Germany for two years today (it is Tuesday, August 8th). She got really upset towards the end. The wedding was awesome! Jen and Jeff are the cutest couple! Then on Sunday, Kyle and I went to the Uptown Art Fair so that he could mingle for his Realtor job. He showed me his office and gave me some business cards, which are both really cool. I then came home and hung out with Leyla. On Monday I was supposed to work a 6 1/2 hour day, but the kid was being a pill so I ended up working only 3 1/2 hours. I then came home and hung out with Leyla until puppy class. My parents got home from their two week vacation yesterday, so we stopped over there. My dad made a comment about Leyla that made me really proud. He said you can tell that not only is she bigger, but she's more mature (0r something to that affect). Thanks Dad! Her training is really paying off. If it continues to go so well, then we will do the next class. My goal is to get her eventually trained as a therapy dog. Anyways, I have my 10 year (yes I'm a youngin) high school reunion on Saturday August 12. I had a head start, because I just ran into my old friend, Neil, from Washburn. I tried to encourage him (and his wife) to come to our reunion. Hopefully he does. Anyways, I will try to write more after this weekend. I am actually really excited about the reunion! It is also the Irish Festival this weekend, so I will try and go with some friends.

No comments: