Sunday, July 09, 2006

July 9, 2006

So, Friday night I planned Girls Night Out. Only Katie could come. A couple friends had to cancel due to unforseen circumstances. We went to the Basillica Block Party which was sold out. It was actually a good thing (even though I wanted them to come) that the other two people had to cancel, because they wouldn't have been able to get in anyways. Katie and I staked out a spot in front of the Genesis 10 Stage which had a local group, "Wannabe Hasbeens" which were pretty good. They then had the "Hopefuls" and ended with Mike Doughty. We wanted to just stick to one stage so we did not loose our spots. It didn't matter, though, because everyone decided to stand up as soon as Mike Doughty began to play. It would have been easier to see for everyone if everyone had continued to stay seated, but I guess that is too much to ask. I then dropped Katie off and went to meet up with my friend, Erica, and some of her friends at the Loring Pasta Bar. I stayed there until bar close and then drove Erica and her friends home. I went back to my parent's house thinking I was going to be able to sleep, but Leyla would not go to sleep. Anytime I moved two feet away from her, she began to cry. So at 3:15 in the morning, we left and went home. She then of course wanted to get up early, but I got her to sleep until 10. We then got up for a few hours and I went back to bed for four. She was really good at letting me sleep. Today, I went to my aunt's art show with my mother. Leyla is having a not so good day, but that will change. We are going to hopefully start doggy classes in a week so that she can learn some more basic commends. We are still working on no and just when I thought the potty training was done, she peed twice in my house and she has not quite grasped the pooping outside. She is getting better at letting me know. Today is her 3 Month B-day though, so I have some pictures that I have attached to this blog. Anyways, all is well. I was not going to get a full-time job, but work part-time, but in order to make my mortgage payments and be comfortable for the rest of the summer, I will have to work full-time. Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well. I am trying to stay up to date on my website, but I guess I tend to lag behind. I had a pretty good Forth of July, but I just spent it at home with Leyla. I also went to see the Taste of Minnesota fireworks on Saturday, June 30 (or whatever that Saturday was). Here are the pics.
Leyla is sleeping underneath the couch the first weekend I had her.






Natural athlete (I happened to miss the picture where she was jumping hurdles in my living room).

Fighting with her best friend and sleeping buddy. Behind her is the thing that she was doing hurdles over and she cleared it by half a foot. Good jumper and runner.
The Birthday Girl!!!

1 comment:

Alika & Ernest said...

Carli-
She is soo cute. I can't wait to see her in person.