Thursday, June 29, 2006

Leyla Update

So, Leyla and I have been a family for a week now. The first night I had her, I broke down to my parent's and wondered if I made the right choice...I did. Leyla is a handful, but she is so sweet and so eager to please that she is quickly learning. She is pretty much potty trained. For instance it is 10:30 today. We got up at 6 and a Leyla has not had an accident YET. She probably will, but she has been doing good at going to the door and pulling on the leash when she needs to go potty. The only problem is that sometimes she likes to play with the leash, so I am still working on how to determine if she really wants to go out or if she is just playing. Right now she is just playing. She is also learning quickly on the chewing thing. She has this idea that my feet are a chew toy. I almost have her broken of that. She still tries to eat my flipflops so they are put on the papasan for safe keeping for the time being. I am probably going to pick up a full-time job beginning next week to make some extra cash this summer. Leyla has already had three puppysitting experiences with my parents who have agreed to watch her while I am at work. I will only be working 4-6 weeks, and it will get her used to being away from me for when I go back to work. She also doesn't chew their feet and will tell them more than me about needing to go potty outside (she is still testing me a little bit. I also need to make a correction about her age. My mother and I were looking at her date of birth (4-22-06) and realized that Leyla is actually 10 weeks now, not nine. Could explain why she is learning so quickly. I am still working on getting more pictures of her to post on the website. She went to the vet on Tuesday, but I didn't know how to ask the vet if I could take a picture. She did very well though. I will write more later. Also, for those of you who have websites on blogspot, can you E-mail me with directions on how to put links to other sites on my website. My church began its new church, Jacob's Well, and I also have lots of friends who have sites, and would like to be able to put links. Let me know. Thanks.

No comments: