Friday, October 30, 2009
What's wrong with kids toys today?
I went shopping for a six-year-olds girl's birthday present today and was discouraged and disgusted! I don't know who makes toys these days, but they must not have girls. Why is their a push in our society to have girls grow up before they are ready? I don't understand why all the toys, even dolls, are sexualized. Did I miss something? When did Cabbage Patch Dolls become "uncool"? I like the innocence of my childhood where we could play with Cabbage Patch Dolls, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, and others. I know these are still around, but they are not popular. I am at least glad to see that a lot of stores have pulled Bratz dolls from their shelves. I was looking at Barbie and noticed how sexualized they are. I spoke to my mother and she said that they have always been like this. I don't remember them being so bad, but I was just a kid. I also noticed that girls clothes are more grown up. Why do they need to look like teenagers when they are 7 or 8? I don't get it. Maybe I am just naive for thinking that there should still be an innocence with our youth today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment