Monday, March 20, 2006

Long Time Coming

So it was brought to my attention that I have been slacking on my website, so I will update the site for the past three weeks, since so much has happened. This will probably be a long blog. On March 3, I went to a Hip Hop show with my friend, Erica. It was a really good show. It was also cool, because I ran into a kid that grew up on the block behind me. It was so strange with how much he has NOT changed and how much I have. I met a guy, but he's a youngin so nothing happening there. I took it easy on Saturday, because I was not feeling really good and I had to go see a couple of my students play hockey on Sunday. It was their tournament. It is so cute to see 2nd graders play hockey, because they look so small on the ice and they fall down for no reason. My team won, so that was extra exciting. That week, I had a job interview at Webster Magnet School with St. Paul Public Schools (I did not get that job). I was then sick the rest of the week (I know pretty lame). Saturday I went to a CD Release Party for "Wrinkle-T" which is a cool local band. Check them out at www.wrinkle-t.com It was the largest and best show I have been to of theirs, yet. I went to the show with my friends, Amy and Shani. The following Tuesday, March 14 I had another job interview with St. Paul Public Schools at the Wellstone School. I am still waiting to hear back from them (they should call tomorrow, so wish me luck). If you haven't figured out by now, I am looking for a new job. I will be cut to 20 hours a week next year...so wish me luck on getting a full-time position in a school district. If I get this one, I will be leaving the district before the end of the school year if they will let me break my contract. On Friday, I had been planning on going out for St. Patty's Day, but I ended up feeling sick and came home and slept. Saturday, I met my friend, Zarra and her little girl, Abby. I took them to my district's People's Fair which is like a small Festival of Nations. Abby had a blast (her mom and I had a good time too). We then went shopping and then back to Zarra's where I hung out with Abby until she went to bed. Then our friend, Vik, came over and later Diana. We had a lot of fun! I took it easy last night which took me to today. So, that should have caught me up on my website (thanks, Mom). I will put a post on here when I find out the job (whether good or bad). I do need to ask people to pray (if you believe in that) for me and my family right now. My great-great aunt passed away last night and my cousin-in-law is on his last stretch, both on the same side of the family. It is going to be especially rough on my grandmother. More later!

No comments: